Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” Lauren DeStefano

We had an awesome start to our week today.  Students have new spelling words based on the Schwa Sound rule.  This sound is most like the sound of short u, but not equal to it.  Students will have a Spelling Cafe choice each night for homework.

Math homework this week involves ballpark estimates, the partial sums algorithm, trade first subtraction and using Base 10 blocks.  There will be a one-sided worksheet each night.

I spoke shortly with you at Open House about our student teacher, Jen Harrington, who will be spending about 15 hours per week in our classroom.  She wanted me to share the following information with you...

Hello Third Grade Families!


My name is Jen Harrington and I would like to introduce myself. I will be spending time in your student's classroom as part of my student teacher requirements for the degree I am pursuing from Granite State College. Not only am I teacher candidate, but I am also a local parent who has children in 2nd, 4th, and 5th grade. My 4th grader was a student in Mara's class last year. I have also been employed at Lincoln Street School for the past two school years as a cafeteria/recess aide. I enjoy working at Lincoln Street and getting to know the students during lunch and recess but am looking forward to getting into the classroom and working with students in an academic manner. I am eager and excited to get started on my student teaching journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment